Legacy Early College is a public charter school located in Greenville's West End. The West End is the Upstate's newest story of urban renewal — a renaissance that has brought about the Greenville Drive Baseball stadium, new shops, restaurants and condominiums, the SC Governor's School for the Arts, and upgraded streets and lighting. It's also home to the Sterling community, a historically relevant neighborhood in Greenville.
Legacy Early College's teaching and learning is guided by intensive teacher training and world-class curriculum. We strongly believe that with a balance of challenge and support, all scholars will flourish. Our specially designed classes, personalized learning experiences and support programs enable all scholars to be successful. We believe every scholar at Legacy Early College will attend and graduate from college.
Legacy Early College has four divisions on three campuses in West Greenville. Our new 4k Center opened in August 2021 with 120 4k scholars! The Elementary School provides academic foundations for scholars in grades 5k-4. The Middle School provides a seamless transition for scholars in grades 5-8 utilizing high expectations and a rigorous curriculum. The Early College High School completes the journey by preparing scholars for college and career via a customized learning approach that centers on scholars qualifying to take college courses at Greenville Technical College, North Greenville University and Southern Wesleyan University while in high school.
In a school climate where caring, support, and high expectations are the norm, scholars are able to focus on academic, physical fitness, and healthy lifestyles in preparation for a bright future every day. Today, Legacy Early College is a school that reflects both the West End renewal and the Sterling community tradition of pride and excellence.
Our school is helping all scholars develop the World Class Skills of the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate by ...
• Here, progressive curriculum based on the South Carolina College and Career Ready Standards is delivered via a nationally recognized system for teaching and learning.
• Here, community and family are essential parts of the learning environment and interaction with others is based on a code of traditional values and respect.
• Here, instruction is delivered through technology-based educational tools as we continue maintaining a 1:1 hand held device school 5k-12th grades.
• Here, creativity and expression are encouraged not only in music, art, STEAM and PE classes, but also in traditional academics.
What defines Legacy Early College?
• We prepare every scholar for academic success every period of every day---failure is not an option.
• We are a public charter school available to all scholars who live in South Carolina.
• We are focused on fitness — 45 minutes of daily physical education for every 4k-8th grade scholar.
• We have small class sizes as well as Extended Day programs for additional academic assistance.
• Nutrition education is taught and a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided every day.
• Every scholar at Legacy Early College has the opportunity to attend camps and experiential learning trips where the goal is to educate, motivate, and empower the scholars to succeed.
What we believe and value at Legacy Early College Schools:
We value the passion that each team and family member brings to our school and we believe that it is this passion that fuels a rigorous and engaging learning environment.
We are a team and family all working towards the same goal, which is getting our scholars to and through college graduation.
We are all mission aligned, and are committed to our scholars' growth and our own growth as transformative educators.
We believe that everyday is an opportunity to grow as a person and an educator. We see challenges as opportunities to grow and victories as evidence that we can and will accomplish our goals.
We believe that results matter.
Yours in Education,
Aaron Ledford, High School Principal
Aimee Pierre, Middle School Principal
Eyvette Schrimmer, Elementary School Principal
Kenesha Hardy, 4k Center Principal