Greer High School is helping all students develop the World Class Skills of the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate by providing a safe, caring, and academically challenging learning environment. Faculty and staff advocate for the success and well-being of all of our students by meeting them at their current academic levels and facilitating growth through personalized learning experiences that help students to be successful throughout high school and beyond. GHS staff members focus on fostering continual student growth in the World Class Skills of the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate which includes critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity. Opportunities for Greer High School students to grow in these world class skills include:
- The Freshman Academy – 9th grade students are served by a dedicated Freshman Academy staff and are provided opportunities to celebrate success, set academic goals, participate in character education activities, and receive personalized intervention and support.
- Personalized Learning – Greer High School is a 1 to 1 school where every student is assigned a chrome book. The faculty participates in personalized professional development focused on enhancing instruction through the use of personalized learning to meet the differentiated needs of all learners.
- “Graduation Plus” offerings in Career and Technology Education include Advanced Manufacturing, Project Lead the Way Computer Science, Agriculture, Health Science, Sports Medicine, Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Virtual Enterprise, and a variety of Business Education courses. The Advanced Manufacturing lab facilities are state of the art and the program prepares students for opportunities in Welding, Machine Tools, Mechatronics, or Building Construction at the Bonds Career Center in the 11th and 12th grades. The Greer High Virtual Enterprise team has successfully earned six state championships in a row from the 2016 - 2021 state competitions. In the last several years, they have traveled to New York and have competed very well in the national competition.
- The International Baccalaureate Program – Greer High School provides opportunities for open enrollment to the IB diploma program where students can participate in a two-year concurrent, global, and rigorous curriculum which lends opportunities for college credit. Participation in the IB program has increased significantly and IB diploma candidates have consistently gained admission to prestigious colleges and universities.
- Dual Credit – Students have the excellent opportunity to enroll in Dual Credit courses through Greenville Tech and Presbyterian College that are taught on Greer High’s campus. Classes include: English 101, English 102, Psychology, Sociology, Health Science and Teacher Cadet.
- Advanced Placement Courses – Students are able to enroll in a variety of different advanced placement courses across multiple content areas at Greer High School.
- The Fine Arts – Students can participate in Band, Chorus, Orchestra, Art, and Theatre classes at Greer High School. The Fine Arts department has experienced much success including the Greer High Band receiving perfect scores at the Spring Concert Performance Assessment event during the 2018-2019 school year. In 2019, choral students participated in All-State and District choirs and orchestra students received an Excellent rating at their Concert Performance Assessment event. In 2021, the Voices of Greer High School choral students received superior marks at the SCMEA Choral Performance Assessment. Visual Art students are recognized annually in multiple art competitions including Artisphere, PTSA Reflections, City of Greer, and others.
- Athletics – Greer High is a traditional power in the state in athletics and offers 33 athletic teams (18 varsity and 15 sub-varsity). The football team won the Upper-State Championship in 2018 and most recently won the region championship in 2020. The softball team also won the region championship in 2021 and the Boys Track and Field 4x100 Relay team won the state title in 2021.
- Culture of Service – Service Learning, Peer Tutoring, and Leo Club are a few of the many service opportunities at Greer High School. The Student Government leads the student body and staff in raising significant funds for local charities or businesses during Spirit Week of each year.
Faculty and staff consistently participate in professional growth opportunities to help best serve Greer High School students. A few of these opportunities include small and large group professional learning communities that are data driven and collaborative, teacher-led professional development offerings, and full staff professional development related to student-centered instruction. Greer High School staff focus on the education of the whole child in providing social and emotional support systems for students in addition to academic supports. Along with care and support from teachers and administrators, students receive support from a behavior interventionist, an attendance interventionist, and a school counselor. Faculty and staff at Greer High work hard to promote positive partnerships with parents and the community to promote the success of all of our students and we look forward to a great school year!
Justin Ludley, Ed.S., Principal
James Kennedy, Greer High School Improvement Council Chair